Bargain Center Donation Guidelines
Thank you for your donation to the Bargain Center! Your generosity enables us to support the Mission’s activities, specifically our Voucher Program for our community members and individuals and families in crisis that are referred to us by one of our local partner agencies.
Items We Can Accept
*all items must be in "good" to "excellent" condition: clean; have all parts; be in working order, etc.
- Furniture: Dressers, Tables, Sofas, Headboards & Bed Frames (with all of their parts), Chairs, Desks, etc.
- Clothing & Shoes
- Books, Records, CDs, VHS, DVDs
- Games, Toys, and Sports Equipment
- Housewares: Dishes, Glassware, Kitchen Utensils, Small Appliances
- Antiques & Decor Items: Art, Knickknacks, Lamps, Collectibles
- Domestics: Linens, Curtains, Blankets, Towels, Washcloths, etc.
- Electronics: Stereos, DVD Players
It's hard to say "no thank you!"
All donations that Newgate Mission can sell in the Bargain Center are greatly appreciated. However, when we receive items that cannot be used, we must pay to dispose of or recycle them. That raises our expenses and reduces the resources that we have available to fund the programs and services we provide to the community. Please dispose of the items we cannot accept through an alternative responsible source. Our employees and volunteers are trained to know what we can and cannot accept and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Items We Cannot Accept
This list is a guideline. There are many items we can use in the Bargain Center that are not on the list. There may be other items that we will need to turn down due to size, condition, or suitability.